Martin has been the recipient of a writing fellowship from the New Jersey State Council on the Arts and a frequent Pushcart Prize nominee.
- Genesis: A Sequence of Poems (New Spirit Press, 1995)
- The Traveler’s Vade Mecum (Red Hen Press, 2016)
- Outsiders: Poems About Rebels, Exiles, and Renegades (Milkweed Editions, 1999)
- Prayers to Protest (Pudding House Publications, 1997)
- Under A Gull’s Wing (Down the Shore Publishing, 1996)
- Writing Our Way Out of the Dark (Queen of Swords Press, 1996)
- Hiram Poetry Review
- Maryland Poetry Review
- Poetry East
- The Cortland Review
- The Literary Review (TLR)
- The Southern Review
“Take and Eat” was named a Distinguished Entry in the 2001 Campbell Corner Poetry Prize.
- The Back Fence, New York, N.Y.
- The Belmar Poetry Series, Binghampton, N.Y.
- The Carriage House Poetry Series, Fanwood, N.J.
- The Knitting Factory, New York, N.Y.
- Montclair (N.J.) Monthly Poetry Series
- New York University
- Ó Bhéal, Cork, Ireland
- Seattle Poetry Festival
- Warren County Poetry Festival, Blairstown, N.J.
Hear Martin read his work.
From The Cortland Review:
At Ó Bhéal, Cork, Ireland
At the Belmar in Binghamton, N.Y.
Martin’s poem “If I Sing” is featured in the blog Writing Ourselves Whole.
Join Martin on the Geraldine R. Dodge Foundation blog on Poetry Fridays.